ITSM Capability Assessments
This assessment service is based on the requirements within ISO/IEC 20000-1:2018, the IT Service Management standard. The evidence gathered through interviews, observations and reviews are mapped against the requirements and used to baseline the service provider organisation. Through follow on assessments improvements are identified, recorded and used to create a new baseline. Graphical representation within the report makes it easy to see the improvements made and where further investment is required. The assessments can include all the ISO/IEC 20000-1 processes or can be tailored for specific processes.
The knowledge we’ve gained from working first within BS 15000 and more recently with ISO/IEC 20000 allow us to look beyond the ‘does it exist’ questions and so provide valuable information back into the organisation. The experience we’ve accumulated through years of working within the ITIL® framework ensures our recommendations support the service provider in its quest to continually improve the way IT services are delivered and supported.
Once commissioned, we encourage discussions with the sponsor to determine:
- Reasons behind the assessment
- Schedule of awareness sessions
- The day to day contact
We deliver half day awareness sessions to:
- Service provider staff
- Other stakeholders
Formal introductions to the Process Owners and Mangers
- Schedule interviews
- Activities to observe
- Documents to review
- Conduct activities against the schedule.
- Produce draft reports for sign off by Process Owners
- Amend reports if necessary
- Produce draft report for review with sponsor
- Amend report if necessary
- Present PowerPoint summary of the assessment findings:
- Process Owners/Managers
- Other stakeholders
Leave customer with:
- 2 x bound copies of PowerPoint presentation
- 2 x bound copies of assessment report
Discuss further involvement:
- Plan how to address the gaps and observations
This assessment service is also ideal for those service provider organisations just looking to baseline the maturity of their service management processes and who are looking for opportunities to improve.